Introduction to Nose Work
From the first class of Introduction to Nose Work, your dog will enjoy success in nose work with exercises set up to motivate her to find a treat or toy. Using reward-based training, your dog will learn to focus on finding her toy or treats located throughout the training room, in spite of distractions. In addition, by carefully observing our dogs, you’ll learn how scent travels through the room.
There are many benefits to online classes.
- There is no traffic to get to class.
- If your dog is aggressive or reactive, or hard to take out in public, both you and your dog will be more comfortable at home.
- If your dog has separation anxiety, you won't have to leave her in the car while you watch the other teams search.
- Speaking of cars, we won't have to cancel class due to hot weather.
- If your dog is generally anxious or easily distracted, getting started in Nose Work where he feels safest, in your home, will give him a much more solid foundation.
- Each week we will provide detailed lesson plans. You can participate at the times most convenient for you, whether mornings, evenings, weekends, weekdays... it's up to you!
- In these times when we all need to stay at home, this is a great way to form a community with other dog-lovers, in a common activity.
- You have the opportunity (until class starts) to check out preliminary free material in the online class; after joining the group, you'll have 24 hours to submit payment in order to retain your spot.
- Words from a client: "I found your Introduction to Nose Work class very easy to follow, and would recommend it to anyone interested in nose work. "
Handler Prerequisites: You must be a member of Facebook. The entire class will take place within a Private Learning Facebook Group. Facebook memberships are free.
Canine Prerequisites: No obedience or specialized training of any kind is required to get started. A big desire for treats would be helpful.
Equipment: Excellent treats. If you think your dog may be more toy than food motivated, have a special toy on-hand as well. Several ordinary cardboard boxes. It would be helpful, but not required, for your dog to have a crate to rest in (and to keep her from sneaking a look), while you set up her search areas.
Online Class Start Date
Monday July 13, 2020, 6 weeks of lesson plans. Maximum 12 dogs per class, minimum 4 dogs. Every student will have the opportunity to upload videos for review, ask questions, and contribute to discussions. $195 per dog. Instructor: Linda Fletcher. Class Cancelled. Check back for new classes!
Link to Introduction to K9 Nose Work(R) Private Learning Facebook Group (link will be activated when new class is announced). Until class starts, we will give you a free preview of class, so come check us out! After joining the Private Facebook Learning Group, you will have 24 hours to complete your official enrollment, below.
Prerequisites: Your dog must be able to stay in a crate or your car without you, for parts of each class. No other obedience or specialized training of any kind is required to get started.
Equipment: Leash attached to a flat collar or back-clip harness. Excellent treats. If you think your dog may be more toy than food motivated, bring some extra special toys as well. Please provide your own crate, or the necessary equipment to keep your dog safe, cool, and secure in your car.
Class Start Date
Wednesday 3/11/2020, 5:00PM - 6:00PM, Pet Food Express, Mountain View, 6 sessions. Maximum 4 dogs per class, minimum 3 dogs. Excessive heat (to be determined by Instructor) and occasional Nose Work events will cancel class, with another class session added to make 6 total class sessions. $195 per dog. Instructor: Linda Fletcher. Sign up today!
Don't see a location or time that works for you?
We would love to have you and your dog in our Nose Work classes. To hear about future classes, join our wait list. The most requested class levels, times, and locations will be added first.